Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the eyelids. Surgery can be performed to either the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both.
The eyes play an integral role to the overall attractiveness of the face, often described as the windows to the soul. However, the eyes also demonstrate some of the first signs of aging. Loose or sagging eyelids, bags under the eyes, or dark circles convey an appearance of fatigue and advanced age.
Consequently, because the eyes are so integral to our persona they can make the whole face look more tired or aged. Blepharoplasty can rejuvenate the area surrounding your eyes giving them a more youthful and rested look.
DR. DAHIYA’S APPROACH
A traditional lower eyelid blepharoplasty is performed by removing excess fat under the eye. This method left the appearance of the eyes to look aged over time by giving the eyes a hollow appearance. Dr. Dahiya’s approach repositions the fat rather than remove it, creating a more youthful appearance. Contouring the fat around the eyes allows Dr. Dahiya to sculpt an individualized, natural look for each patient that will be maintained for years to come.
In recent years plastic surgeons have recognized more the need to restore youthful fullness to the face as a whole in order to achieve great results. Dr. Dahiya’s technique of preserving and repositioning of fat during a blepharoplasty compliments this contemporary approach to facial rejuvenation.
Upper eyelid blepharoplasty involves removing the excess skin that tends to hang in the upper eyelid. One aspect of the upper eyelid blepharoplasty that Dr. Dahiya is very particular about is on the outer edges of the upper eyelid. Some doctors are reluctant to excise the skin on the outer parts of the lid but Dr. Dahiya hides the incision in fine lines and over time the incision is not visible at all. This additional maneuver opens up the eyes where the hanging is often actually at its worst.
The majority of all surgical procedures are performed at our office under local anesthesia. You are provided the option to take oral sedation to feel relaxed and comfortable during the whole procedure. Under the guidance of Dr. Dahiya, a Registered Nurse, and surgical team, you can be assured that you are being well cared for. All pre-operative instructions will be discussed in an in-office visit scheduled at your convenience so you and your loved ones can feel comfortable and prepared. If the procedure requires the use of general anesthesia, Dr. Dahiya will perform the surgery at the Surgery Center located in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AT THE INITIAL CONSULTATION?
- Upon arrival you will fill out all pertinent forms, including your general information, medical history and objectives for facial cosmetic surgery.
- Exam with Dr. Dahiya where you can share your concerns and aesthetic goals. He will give you recommendations for the best options available to achieve your goals including surgical and nonsurgical treatments.
- Together you and Dr. Dahiya will come up with a final treatment plan that best suits your needs and delivers the best and safest results.
- After your meeting with Dr. Dahiya, you will meet with his Patient Coordinator to further discuss the treatment plan, including financial options. Dr. Dahiya charges one all- inclusive fee for every aspect of the procedure so there are no hidden costs.
- Your procedure can be scheduled at this time.
- All surgeries requiring general anesthesia will be performed at the Surgery Center in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- After the surgery, Dr. Dahiya and his team will call you during the post-operative phase to check on your progress. During the healing process, it is important to remember that Dr. Dahiya is always available help you in any way.
- A post-operative appointment will be scheduled in order to evaluate your progress. Most patients continue to maintain a relationship with Dr. Dahiya for years afterwards as he interested in maintaining long-term results for each patient.
We now have three convenient locations to serve you
110 South Washington St.
Rockville, MD 20850
8100 Boone Blvd. Suite 110
Tysons Corner VA 22182
9194 Red Branch Road
Columbia, MD 21045