Chin implants are used to enhance the size and projection of a chin that is not in proportion with the forehead and mid-face. In select patients a chin implant can thus be an essential part of rejuvenating the neckline. Some people are born with a smaller jaw size or a jawbone. Either scenario results in a less desirable profile where the chin appears to be small and often disappears into the neck rather than appearing as a distinct facial feature.
This profile appearance of a small or recessed chin is even more noticeable in a person with a relatively large nose. In such a patient a chin implant can be placed to improve the profile by balancing the facial features.
In some cases a chin implant is placed at the same time as a rhinoplasty and can greatly improve the results of the rhinoplasty itself.
DR. DAHIYA’S APPROACH
The next step is to decide together as patient and doctor about which is size is best. Every face is different so each implant and overall surgical plan needs to be customized. The goal is to enhance the balance and proportions of the face in a harmonious way. Dr. Dahiya strives to provide a natural appearing look for all his patients.
The majority of all surgical procedures are performed at our office under local anesthesia. You are provided the option to take oral sedation to feel relaxed and comfortable during the whole procedure. Under the guidance of Dr. Dahiya, a Registered Nurse, and surgical team, you can be assured that you are being well cared for. All pre-operative instructions will be discussed in an in-office visit scheduled at your convenience so you and your loved ones can feel comfortable and prepared. If the procedure requires the use of general anesthesia, Dr. Dahiya will perform the surgery at the Surgery Center located in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
Other common cosmetic procedures that may be performed with a chin implant are facelift, rhinoplasty, and neck lift.
HOW DO I KNOW IF A CHIN IMPLANT IS RIGHT FOR ME?
The best candidate for chin augmentation surgery is a physically healthy man or woman who is realistic in their expectations and looking to augment the chin in order to provide better balance to the whole of the face and the profile.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AT THE CONSULTATION?
- Upon arrival you will fill out all pertinent forms, including your general information, medical history and objectives for facial cosmetic surgery.
- Exam with Dr. Dahiya where you can share your concerns and aesthetic goals. He will give you recommendations for the best options available to achieve your goals including surgical and nonsurgical treatments.
- Together you and Dr. Dahiya will come up with a final treatment plan that best suits your needs and delivers the best and safest results.
- After your meeting with Dr. Dahiya, you will meet with his Patient Coordinator to further discuss the treatment plan, including financial options. Dr. Dahiya charges one all- inclusive fee for every aspect of the procedure so there are no hidden costs.
- Your procedure can be scheduled at this time.
- All surgeries requiring general anesthesia will be performed at the Surgery Center in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- After the surgery, Dr. Dahiya and his team will call you during the post-operative phase to check on your progress. During the healing process, it is important to remember that Dr. Dahiya is always available to help you in any way.
- A post-operative appointment will be scheduled in order to evaluate your progress. Most patients continue to maintain a relationship with Dr. Dahiya for years afterwards as he interested in maintaining long-term results for each patient.
We now have three convenient locations to serve you
110 South Washington St.
Rockville, MD 20850
8100 Boone Blvd. Suite 110
Tysons Corner VA 22182
9194 Red Branch Road
Columbia, MD 21045