Our goal at Dr. Dahiya Facial Plastic Surgery & Laser Center is to bring balance and symmetry to the face. Rhinoplasty is one Dr. Dahiya’s real passions. Throughout his training he has focused on learning from some of the best rhinoplasty surgeons in the world. By applying a number of techniques, Dr. Dahiya can cater to each patient’s individual needs and desires.
The goal of rhinoplasty is to improve the nasal appearance such that the nose blends in with the rest of the face. The improved balance in facial proportions allows the other attractive features of a face to shine through.
Dr. Dahiya’s focus on rhinoplasty makes him one of the finest surgeons to perform this procedure on the nose. Depending on the type of surgery (primary or revision) and the desired results, Dr. Dahiya will create a surgical treatment plan that is individual and results in a natural, flawless appearance.
DR. DAHIYA’S APPROACH TO RHINOPLASTY
Dr. Dahiya’s goal with rhinoplasty is to bring the nose into harmony with the other facial features of the face. The nose must be considered in the context of a person’s ethnicity, height, gender, and other facial features like the eyes, lips, and jawline. Paying attention to these elements and listening to each patient’s concerns allows Dr. Dahiya to achieve surgical results that natural and unique to each patient.
Breathing is of course the primary functions of the nose. Many factors can impair breathing through the nose including anatomic features that have been present from childhood to those that are the result of injury or previous nasal surgery. Nasal obstruction can be the primary or secondary goal of a rhinoplasty and Dr. Dahiya will be sure to examine your nose for potential sites of obstruction and explain how these areas can be corrected.
As Dr. Dahiya is board certified in cosmetic surgery and otolaryngology his rhinoplasty technique results in the desired appearance, as well as full functionality of the nose. His expertise allows him to perform primary (first time) rhinoplasty as well as complex revision rhinoplasty.
HOW IS RHINOPLASTY PERFORMED?
Rhinoplasty is performed under general anesthesia at a local outpatient surgery center. The procedure can take anywhere from 1 to 4 hours to complete. A patient go home within 1-2 hours after surgery. Pain is minimal but there can be some swelling and occasional bruising.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AT THE CONSULTATION?
The following is what you should expect at your initial consultation with Dr. Dahiya:
- In the waiting room you will fill out all pertinent forms, including your medical insurance, medical history and objectives for facial cosmetic surgery.
- You will meet Dr. Dahiya and share your concerns and aesthetic goals. He will listen attentively and examine your face. Next you will be explained all of the options available to you including surgical and nonsurgical treatments. Finally, together you and Dr. Dahiya will come up with a final treatment plan that best suits your needs and delivers the best and safest results.
- After your meeting with Dr. Dahiya, you will meet with his Patient Coordinator for all details about the procedure, including all financial information. Dr. Dahiya charges one all- inclusive fee for every aspect of the procedure so there are no hidden costs. Your procedure will also be scheduled at this time.
- If your surgery is done out of the office, it will probably be performed at the Surgery Center in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- After the surgery, our Patient Coordinator and Dr. Dahiya will call you to check on your progress. During the healing process, it is important to remember that Dr. Dahiya is always available help you in any way.
- A post-operative appointment will be scheduled in order for you and Dr. Dahiya to evaluate your progress. The number of visits thereafter is dependent on how well and quickly you are healing. Most patients continue to maintain a relationship with Dr. Dahiya for years afterwards as he interested in maintaining long-term results for each patient.
We now have three convenient locations to serve you
110 South Washington St.
Rockville, MD 20850
8100 Boone Blvd. Suite 110
Tysons Corner VA 22182
9194 Red Branch Road
Columbia, MD 21045